Georgetown Dolphins. 2017 Swim Team Registration!
Hello Georgetown Dolphin Families!
The 2017 summer swim team season is right around the corner, and registration begins today!! I wanted to update you on a few changes with our swim team for the upcoming season. Please bear with me…this is a long message.
After a year of stellar leadership and many years involved with Georgetown swimming, Tim Kiely has moved on from coaching at Georgetown. We thank both Tim and his sister Liv Kiely for all of the time and energy they have put in to working with our children over the years. We wish them both the best of luck as they pursue other endeavors this summer.
Our new Head Coach for 2017 is long-time Georgetown assistant coach Anna Mosley. Anna will return from her first year at UGA to guide our swimmers to another successful summer season. We are excited to have her in this leadership role!
Working with Anna this summer will be returning assistant coaches Abby Chambless and Izzi Ariail and new assistant coaches (and longtime Georgetown swimmers) Emily Vail and Juan Martinez. We have some great activities planned for the summer and are looking forward to working with our Georgetown swimmers and their families.
As you plan your summers, I wanted to give you some general dates to put on your calendar:
- Tuesday, May 30
- Tuesday, June 6
- Tuesday, June 13
- Tuesday, June 20
- Monday, June 26 – Note: Changed from Tuesday because of ASA Championships
- Saturday, June 10 – Kids for Kids Meet (charity meet at Marist School)
- Thursday, June 29: 9am – ASA Preliminary Championships (at Georgia Tech)
- Saturday, July 1 : Times TBA – ASA Final Championships (at Georgia Tech)
Dates for parent meetings, swimsuit sales, team pictures, banquets, and other fun activities will be coming soon. Practices will begin 2-3 weeks before the first meet.
Volunteers! We NEED Volunteers!
1. Team Rep—as I mentioned at the end of last season, this will be my last year working as team rep for Georgetown. Someone—or some people—will need to take over at the end of the season. I am happy to show you the ropes this summer so that next season transitions smoothly and easily. Please let me know if you are interested.
2. Sponsorships—interested in helping bring additional funds to our swim team? We need help securing sponsorships for the 2017 swim season. Please let me know if you are interested.
3. Concessions—we are in need of an additional volunteer to help coordinate concessions for our home meets. This is one of our most important fundraising opportunities for the team. Please let me know if you are interested.
4. Solar Cover Brigade —we will be sending out a request for volunteers to help warm up the pool water in May. Be on the lookout for that sign-up.
5. Website—if anyone has interest in sprucing up the swim team website, I’d love to talk to you about it. There is much more we can do with it in terms of organization, but I’m anything but savvy. Send me a message, and let’s chat.
Please visit georgetown.swim-team.us to complete registration for the 2017 season. As a reminder, both registration for the Atlanta Swim Association AND Georgetown will be done at this website.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about the 2017 swim season. I am excited to be working with our coaching staff, our swimmers, and their families to make this season a fun and exciting one. Go Dolphins!
Sincerely, Susan Harper
Get Involved! We need Volunteers!